Reduced Running Costs
One of the main factors in LED lighting is the reduced power consumption. An LED lamp will run at 80% efficiency, which means 80% of the electrical energy is converted to light energy, the remaining 20% is lost as heat energy.
Compare this with incandescent bulbs which operate at about 20% efficiency the remaining 80% of the electrical energy is lost as heat.
If 80% of the energy used is lost as heat, then additional burden is placed on the air conditioning, requiring yet further energy to be used. Using 80% efficient LED lighting not only uses a fraction of the energy used by incandescent bulbs but requires less energy for air conditioning. Win:win.
Realistically the cost savings are a lot higher as most incandescent light bulbs would blow out within a year and require replacing, incurring additional costs as mentioned elsewhere.
LED lamps can easily be used for a decade without burning out, providing more than 10 years maintenance free lighting.
For more information about our leased LED lighting services call us on
0845 603 8543 or contact us and we will call you.